[Freeipa-users] Add user -> custom script

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Fri Sep 16 05:35:06 UTC 2011

On 09/15/2011 04:14 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 09:59 PM, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> On 09/15/2011 03:45 PM, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there a custom script hook for when a user account is added using
>>> either the cli, webui, or the winsync module?
>>>
>>> I have a custom script I run when creating a user account, and having
>>> this run automatically by IPA would make my life a lot easier.
>>>

>> Can you describe what kind of operations you need to do?
>> Have you looked at the automembership plugin?
>>

> I'm doing a SSH login on to a filer, creating a home folder ZFS
> dataset for the new user, setting quota and ACL on the newly created
> dataset, and adding files from a skeleton folder into the home folder.

It might be a stupid question but... you seem to do all the operation
described above on the filer. I am not quite clear what part of it, if
any, needs to be run on the server side, I mean on the IPA. Or you
actually want to be able to create an account on the server side and
make it trapped and send the event to the filer and run a script there?

We can't do it now. AFAIR there was a ticket about something like this
in the deferred bucket... Could not find it... But I remember a discussion.
We might need to file a ticket to track this but sound like something
that will take a lot of time to accomplish.