[Freeipa-users] Windows client logon

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Sep 19 15:40:53 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-19 at 11:33 -0400, Jimmy wrote:
> I just found that the FreeIPA user 'admin' can log in with no issues
> on the Windows system, with no changes from the config that I was
> attempting to use with a newly created IPA user. So authentication
> from the workstation works if the user has a known, non-expired
> password. It seems the kpasswd function is not working.

Verify that the ipa_kpasswd daemon is working.
However you can workaround the issue for now by performing a kinit
<username> on the ipa server as soon as you give it a password, and
changing it to something you are ok with.

This way the user will have a valid not-expired password.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York