[Freeipa-users] Certificate error when modifying/deleting a host

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Sun Sep 25 21:49:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a host that refuses to be modified or deleted. I get the same
error from the webui and the cli. I am using F15, FreeIPA 2.1.1 + all
updates from the updates repository. I cannot find any error in any log.
I have tried to reboot my ipa servers. All services seem to be running
and have no issues.

The error message I receive is:

    * Certificate operation cannot be completed: Unable to communicate
      with CMS (Not Found)

I have looked in the Dogtag Certificate Manager, and I can see the
certificate. It's still valid, and holds the same serial number as what
is displayed using ipa host-show <hostname>.

Any suggestions?

Rgds,
Siggi