[Freeipa-users] --subject option for ipa-server-install

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 18:25:21 UTC 2012

In an attempt to make the CA certificate from IPA a little more
noticeable for the users in our realm I've successfully used the
--subject option during the ipa-server-install process. It seems
however, that you cannot change the CN from the default "Certificate
Authority". I've added O=, OU= and C=, but as some certificate
managers in browsers/os's (i.e. Mac OS X) organize certificates by CN
name, it would be nice to point to something representing the company
name instead of the generic Certificate Authority. It even seems that
in the older 2.0 release candidates, they used the default "REALM
Certificate Authority" for the CN instead of just Certificate
Authority. Can this be easily changed so that at least the realm could
be slipped in front of Certificate Authority or customize the CN
altogether?

Steve