[Freeipa-users] General status of my FreeIPA servers - is there a method for cleaning them?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Apr 13 17:43:11 UTC 2012

On 04/13/2012 11:39 AM, Dan Scott wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using FreeIPA for a couple of years (Upgraded/Migrated from
> FreeIPA 1). The servers are in various states (Some upgraded from
> Fedora 10/11 through each release, some fresh installs of Fedora
> 15/16). I've also had to add/remove replicas many times - and run into
> problems installing which required some manual intervention.
>
> I'm convinced that my LDAP directories contain lots of cruft which has
> built up and is causing problems on my system. There may even be some
> corruption since there's an entry which I'm unable to remove - this
> entry does not get replicated to the other servers.

What version of 389-ds-base is this?  Do you get any errors?  It just
silently fails to delete this particular entry?

> I also see
> inconsistent replication states on the servers. i.e. server1 shows
> that it's replicating with server2 but server2 does not show that it's
> replicating with server1.

Do you have errors in the server2 log showing that it is attempting to
replicate with server1 but failing with some error?

> Is there some way that I can refresh/clean my LDAP directories and
> ensure that everything's running correctly.

We first need to find out what's going on and why you are seeing these
failures before we can recommend a particular course of action.  There
is currently no "find all of my problems and fix them" command.