[Freeipa-users] IPA Bug??: IPA replica installation problem on IPV4-only nodes

David Copperfield cao2dan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 26 23:10:53 UTC 2012

IPA Replica installation fails on IPV4 Linux box, The exception/messages on screen are:

 error: [Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol

After looking into the python code, it is found out that the IPA program tried to test both IPV4 and IPv6 address families, and it failed there when IPV6 is turned off.

So I turn on IPV6 again, try ipa-conncheck again and it works this time.

--David