[Freeipa-users] tacacs+ integration

Michael Mercier mmercier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 16:59:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

In Aug 2010, someone posted a message to this list about integrating tacacs+ with freeipa
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2010-August/msg00058.html

At the time, it was mentioned that this was not on the roadmap, has this changed?

If RedHat has no plans to do this, where can I find the freeipa documentation that would allow me to do a proof-of-concept?  I would use the freely available tac_plus (http://www.shrubbery.net/tac_plus/) as a staring point.

Some of the specific things I am looking for:
1.  How should passwords be verified?  sssd, pam, ldap lookup, krb?
2.  How the ldap schema should be designed for best integration?
3.  The proper way to query the ldap server (standard ldap calls or is there some specific freeipa api)
4.  I am sure I am not asking something!!

I tried asking some similar questions on freeipa-devel but didn't receive a response.

Thanks,
Mike