[Freeipa-users] Desperate help requested.

Christian Horn chorn at fluxcoil.net
Mon Aug 27 07:03:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 08:57:20AM +0200, David Sastre wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 6:05 AM, KodaK wrote:
> > Regardless, I need some help.  I need some help with comparisons
> > between FreeIPA and AD, and the problems and issues one might
> > encounter when trying to authenticate Unix machines against AD.
> > Anything that can show IPA being superior to AD for *nix
> > authentication.  Anything at all.  We have a similar number of AIX and
> > Linux servers.
>
> SELinux + sudo  centralized management doesn't exist at all in AD.

I guess it comes down to
- technical orientation of IPA: designed with linux/unix in mind, not windows
- open source, so all the default open vs. proprietary points apply:
	- no vendor lockin, if vendor decides not to continue the product
	you can take the source and do this for yourself
	- code can be audited
	- code seen by many eyes
	- ...

Christian