[Freeipa-users] Desperate help requested.

Mark St. Laurent mstlaure at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 18:36:54 UTC 2012

Don't forget security policies and governance... I am in the federal space, but know that Regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA, FETPA, PCI, FERC, and Gramm--Leach-Bliley and audits are important in the commercial space.

Regulations and Compliance force companies to become stricter with IT security and access management. Of course, it’s still possible to be compliant without identity governance, but the odds of encountering mistakes and less than perfect audits rises considerably.

Identity governance is the automated control of user identity in order to manage access to company data. Typically, this pertains to business insiders, such as employees, partners, contractors, and so on.

Perhaps you need to explain the situation in your bosses bosses boss language...

Industries and companies are subject to a web of regulations that impose strict legal requirements with regard to the handling of information. A failure on your organization's part to comply with these laws can lead to fines, costly litigation, negative publicity, and lost business opportunities.

Attached is one of our Red Hat Summit slides you can dig threw to get good information on to back your case. Every Slide will just about help you out

Best regards,

Norman "Mark" St. Laurent
Federal Team: Senior Solutions Architect
Red Hat
8260 Greensboro Drive, Suite 300
McLean VA, 22102
Email: msl at redhat.com