[Freeipa-users] KISS: DHCP from IPA

Chris Evich cevich at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 18:21:04 UTC 2012

On 08/29/2012 11:57 AM, John Dennis wrote:
> Thanks for the contribution Chris!
>
> Just as an aside if you know Python you can call the IPA commands
> directly and use Python to extract and reformat the data, it might be a
> lot simpler than doing the bash/awk dance.

I agree that using bash/sed/awk is a bit clunky.  I actually did stumble
on the python stuff by accident, but wasn't able to find much reference
/ examples for how to use it.  At the time I just needed something quick
to toss-together.  Maybe the python docs/examples are different today,
any links handy?

--
Chris Evich, RHCA, RHCE, RHCDS, RHCSS
Quality Assurance Engineer