[Freeipa-users] cross realm trust - SID doesn't resolve

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 06:13:29 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

It should be SID, not group/user name, that's by design, so there is nothing broken in your setup.
Since normal groups in IPA LDAP are using referential membership and all these trust users/groups do not exist in IPA LDAP as LDAP objects, we don't reference them by names directly but rather store SIDs only.

MS-PAC structure in the kerberos ticket uses SIDs, and sssd consults IPA LDAP server (and then winbindd on IPA server) for SID to name translation when parsing MS-PAC.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy