[Freeipa-users] Disadantages of using external DNS

Rashard.Kelly at sita.aero Rashard.Kelly at sita.aero
Wed Dec 12 17:09:40 UTC 2012

What are the disadvantages of using an external DNS source? My three
options are install DNS services on the IPA server, use the local Active
Directory DNS, or connect to a linux based DNS appliance. Is it common not
to use DNS at all if so what are the drawbacks?

My goal is consolidating all local administration of users to a
centralized place in our environment. I have been reading the
documentation and the mailing list archives, forgive me If I have
overlooked this answer.

Thanks,
Rashard

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.