[Freeipa-users] Does Solaris 11 work as client to IPA server?

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Tue Dec 18 09:06:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, December 18, 2012 08:28, Johan Petersson wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We are implementing IPA Server and are gong to need to be able to authenticate properly with a
> number of Solaris 11 servers. I have browsed the archives and found a few threads mentioning some
> problems with Solaris 11 and IPA Server. Does anyone know if the issue have been solved?

I don't think there is any problems with Solaris 11 except of nobody has yet sat down and figured
out how to configure it as an IPA client yet.

I had a got at it a while ago (some of the posts you've probably found), and found that there was
enough differences in the LDAP/Kerberos client between Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 for making it
work with the setup guide I've created for Solaris 10. And there was a need for further
investigation for finding out how to configure Solaris 11 as an IPA client.

I've not looked into this further as we do not use Solaris 11 yet.

I don't know if anyone else has had time to sit down and have a crack at this?

Regards,
Siggi