[Freeipa-users] IPA 2.2.0-16 still needs CLEANRUV and CLEANALLRUV

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 13:36:38 UTC 2012

On 12/19/2012 11:24 PM, David Copperfield wrote:
> Hi howdy,
>
>   This is trying to confirm whether we still need to perform the steps of
> cleaning RUV records, when a freeIPA master, or a replica is removed. Months
> back it was rumored that some work was being done on underlying 389 LDAP and
> the RNV cleaning steps would be obsoleted when IPA Master&replica servers were
> removed, or removed and added back. The RUV staff could be found at
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:CLEANRUV.
>
>   Some one familiar with this topic please elaborate/confirm. Thanks a lot.
>
> --David

Hello David,

automatic clean up of RUV records is available from FreeIPA 3.0. You can see a
relevant ticket:

With FreeIPA 3.0, CLEANALLRUV task is automatically run when a replica is being
deleted. The task will clean all relevant RUV records on all FreeIPA replicas.

In FreeIPA 2.2.x and earlier, a manual RUV clean up procedure is needed (as
described in the 389 DS wiki page) to clean deprecated RUV data.

HTH,
Martin