[Freeipa-users] disable user account in batch mode in IPA

Qing Chang qchang at sri.utoronto.ca
Fri Dec 21 16:33:56 UTC 2012

I hope google did not skip me when searching for an answer.

I'd like to disable inactive accounts migrated from OpneLDAP, so far
I can only do it per web UI. Because I have hundreds of accounts to
disable, I really appreciate if someone can provide a command line
for me.

I actually tried to figure out what attribute corresponds to "disabled"
but could not see it in ldapsearch output, for example:

ldapsearch -LL -x -D 'cn=Directory Manager' -W -b 'dc=sri,dc=utoronto,dc=ca' '(uid=shassan)'

Thanks you.

Qing