[Freeipa-users] getent netgroup <users> doesn't work on centos 6, but works on centos 5

David Copperfield cao2dan at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 28 01:00:03 UTC 2012

Hi howdy,

 I've migrated some NIS netgroups from my old openLDAP to IPA 2.2.0, it imported all the old data without prompting problems. But now the issues are at the client side:

 redhat 5.8 clients can see all host netgroups and user netgroups without problems.
while redhat 6.3 clients can only see all host based netgroups. user netgroups can not be seen.

But when I create new user netgroups directly through web UI, both types of clients have no problems to see.

Any one knows what could be the issue? if my importing/migration script have issues, then both types of clients will report problems at the same time, not 5.8 works while 6.3 fails, right? Any one has encountered same issue? Please shed a light here.

Thanks.

--David