[Freeipa-users] RHEL 5.7 / 5.8 BETA and KDE crashing SSSD

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 14:04:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 07:28 -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 11:02 +0100, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is this more like the expected output? :)
> >

> No, I'm afraid it's not. That's a log of a legitimate shutdown, not a
> segmentation fault. (Receiving SIGTERM means that the monitor told the
> process to exit).
>
> Possibly this happened if the time between attaching to the process and
> typing 'cont' was more than about 30 seconds. The monitor will assume
> the sssd_be process isn't responding and will kill and restart it.
>
> You will know you got the correct results if you see
>
> "Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault."
>
> and then you can immediately perform the 'bt full'

For better results with gdb I suggest to kill SIGSTOP the monitor before
attaching gdb to any of the reponders or the providers, this way the
monitor will be prevented from sending termination signals to the
children. However, don't do this for long, only for short periods and
kill SIGCONT back the monitor immediately after.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York