[Freeipa-users] Other distro clients

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 23:01:29 UTC 2012

02.02.2012 17:49, Stephen Gallagher kirjoitti:
> On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 10:44 -0500, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> On 02/02/2012 09:59 AM, Nigel Sollars wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>

>>> I notice online people have already asked about Clients for other
>>> linux distributions,  my addition to this is how far ( if any )
>>> along is the effort?.  Is there an svn / git repo I can grab
>>> sources / test packages for say Debian or SuSE?.
>>>

>>> Any info would be most welcomed
>>>

>> Some time ago SSSD was built for Suse. I am not sure it was
>> maintained. I am not aware of any effort to port ipa-client to Suse.
>> There is some effort to port ipa-client to Debian and Ubuntu but I do
>> not know where the code for this is.
>
> The port to Debian and Ubuntu is being spearheaded by Timo Aaltonen
> (CCed). He has a PPA with a reasonably recent version of SSSD available
> that can be used with FreeIPA v2.

Yeah, trying to get it all ready for the next release (12.04), and
hoping to squeeze in SSSD 1.8 too. Have had less time lately to work on
these, but it's still possible to get most of it in before feature
freeze (feb 16th) and the rest as a freeze exception.

Here are links to the related launchpad teams, in case folks are willing
to test the packages (and file bugs!), once there's more to test:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-389-directory-server
https://launchpad.net/~freeipa
https://launchpad.net/~sssd