[Freeipa-users] Replicas in a state of confusion

Ian Levesque ian at crystal.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 8 04:19:36 UTC 2012

>>> Ok, this looks good. Is the krb5kdc process running?
>>

>> It is indeed:
>>
>> [root at sbgrid-directory dirsrv]# kinit ian
>> Password for ian at SBGRID.ORG:
>>
>> [root at sbgrid-directory dirsrv]# klist
>> Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
>> Default principal: ian at SBGRID.ORG
>>
>> Valid starting     Expires            Service principal
>> 02/07/12 15:51:02  02/08/12 15:51:00  krbtgt/SBGRID.ORG at SBGRID.ORG
>>
>> ~irl
>
> Hmm, very strange. It seems like your server is actually up and running ok, am I reading this incorrectly?
>
> Does your command-line work: ipa user-show admin
>
> Perhaps those are just spurious errors in the errors log.

Sorry if that wasn't clear - aside from the errors I'm seeing now (which I didn't see before the replication broke), LDAP, Kerberos and the cli/web UI seem to work on the primary server. The problems I'm having are: 1) The secondary replica is unable to sync and 2) the errors being logged are ominous and only started appearing after this disconnect.

> You might try re-creating the replica again. You've done a restart since so it should have cleared the ticket cache.

I've rebooted both, and continue to have the same issue.

On the replica:

	[21/29]: setting up initial replication
	Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
	[sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab] reports: Update failed! Status: [-2  - System error]
	creation of replica failed: Failed to start replication

On the "primary":

	slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error) (SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm))

	slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error)

`ipa-replica-manage list` on the primary still lists both...

	sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab: master
	sbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab: master

Thanks for your continued interest.
~irl

--
Ian Levesque