[Freeipa-users] Replicas in a state of confusion

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu Feb 9 21:32:03 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 16:25 -0500, Ian Levesque wrote:
> On Feb 9, 2012, at 1:57 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2012-02-07 at 23:19 -0500, Ian Levesque wrote:
> >
> >> On the replica:
> >>
> >> 	[21/29]: setting up initial replication
> >> 	Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
> >> 	[sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab] reports: Update failed! Status: [-2  -
> >> System error]
> >> 	creation of replica failed: Failed to start replication
> >>
> >> On the "primary":
> >>
> >> 	slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform
> >> interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error)
> >> (SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.
> >> Minor code may provide more information (Cannot contact any KDC for
> >> requested realm))
> >>
> >> 	slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id []
> >> mech [GSSAPI]: error -2 (Local error)
> >>
> >> `ipa-replica-manage list` on the primary still lists both...
> >>
> >> 	sbgrid-directory.in.hwlab: master
> >> 	sbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab: master
> >>
> >> Thanks for your continued interest.
> >
> > I think you failed to properly clean=up before reinstalling the replica.
> >
> > On the replica make sure you run:
> > ipa-server-install --uninstall
> >
> > On the primary:
> > ipa-replica-manage --force del sbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab
> >
> > You will have to force because you already removed the replica.
> >
> > Once you do that you can generate a new replica file for the replica and
> > retry to set up replication.
> >
> > Let me know if you encounter any other error once you have done that.
>
> I tried what you suggested and today, the replication did complete.
>
> That said, there were a bunch of errors on the initial master, including:
>
> id2entry - str2entry returned NULL for id 12, string="rdn"
> _entry_set_tombstone_rdn - Failed to convert DN automountmapname=auto.direct to RDN
> (snip - continues for each automountmapname cn entry)
>
> NSMMReplicationPlugin - repl_set_mtn_referrals: could not set referrals for replica dc=sbgrid,dc=org: 20
> (repeated several times)
>
> slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error 49 (Invalid credentials) (SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_accept_sec_context)
> slapi_ldap_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error 49 (Invalid credentials)
> (repeated several times)
>
> NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=meTosbgrid-directory-replica.in.hwlab" (sbgrid-directory-replica:389): Replication bind with GSSAPI auth failed: LDAP error 49 (Invalid credentials) (SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_accept_sec_context)
>
> And ~ every 5 minutes, I see the familiar-by-now:
>
> slapd_ldap_sasl_interactive_bind - Error: could not perform interactive bind for id [] mech [GSSAPI]: error 49 (Invalid credentials) (SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_accept_sec_context)
> [...]

They are not running correctly.
Your first master seem to keep having issues connecting to the replica.

Did you restart the master ?

Because you replaced the replica with another of identical name, the
master may have cache a previously valid ticket that is not correct
anymore since you rebuilt replica credentials and therefore all old
tickets are invalid.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York