[Freeipa-users] Replicas in a state of confusion

Ian Levesque ian at crystal.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 10 18:32:07 UTC 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 9:15 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 17:01 -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
>> This may be related to https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/273 and
>> https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/274 which have been fixed in
>> 1.2.10
>
> In this case Ian please open a bugzilla, it looks like we need to
> address this in RHEL6.

I'll confess that I don't fully understand what tombstone is... Regardless, I'm not sure that either of those tickets apply to the issue at hand. As I understand it, Ticket 273 outlines an issue with searching for tombstone entries after successfully setting up a replica (which as far as I'm hearing, we haven't done). And ticket 274 concerns indexing the tombstone entries. I am able to search for tombstone entries (http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=a4ytYZvt) and don't see the errors specified in ticket 274.

That said, perhaps there's some bug with tombstone re: the automountmap entries in my LDAP instance. Do you think that would be sufficient to cause the replication issues I'm seeing?

Best,
Ian