[Freeipa-users] FreeIPA 2.2 alpha or beta available somewhere?

Marco Pizzoli marco.pizzoli at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 19:22:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 10:50 +0100, Marco Pizzoli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:
> >         On 01/30/2012 09:47 AM, Marco Pizzoli wrote:
> >         > Hi guys,
> >         > Next days I'm going to start a test deployment of FreeIPA
> >         > 2.1 but the following days I'm planning to have a look on
> >         > the new features FreeIPA 2.2 brings.
> >         >
> >         > Are you going to release a alpha/beta package anytime in the
> >         > future?
> >         >
> >         > Thanks in advance
> >         > Marco
> >         >
> >         > --
> >         >
> >         >
> >         >
> >         > Freeipa-users mailing list
> >         > Freeipa-users at redhat.com
> >
> >         Yes alpha is planned for next couple weeks.
> >

> > Sorry for asking again, but I'm really interested in this.
> > Any news on the expected release date? I'm available to test it and
> > give feedbacks, once released.
>
> If you're interested in testing the nightly builds, you can install one
> of the below repository files into /etc/yum.repos.d
>
> Fedora 15-17:
> http://jdennis.fedorapeople.org/ipa-devel/ipa-devel-fedora.repo
>
> RHEL 6:
> http://jdennis.fedorapeople.org/ipa-devel/ipa-devel-rhel.repo
>

> Then you can 'yum update' to the latest nightlies.

I wget-ed the repo file on a 64bit fedora16 system but I'm failing in
seeing the package for 64-bit systems.
Please, could you tell me what my error is?

[root at freeipa02 yum.repos.d]# yum info freeipa-server
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Available Packages
Name        : freeipa-server
*Arch        : i686*
Version     : 2.1.4
*Release     : 1.20120209T0216Zgit11c25a4.fc16*
Size        : 957 k
*Repo        : ipa-devel*
Summary     : The IPA authentication server
URL         : http://www.freeipa.org/
License     : GPLv3+
Description : IPA is an integrated solution to provide centrally managed
Identity (machine,
            : user, virtual machines, groups, authentication credentials),
Policy
            : (configuration settings, access control information) and
Audit (events,
            : logs, analysis thereof). If you are installing an IPA server
you need
            : to install this package (in other words, most people should
NOT install
            : this package).

Name        : freeipa-server
*Arch        : x86_64*
Version     : 2.1.4
*Release     : 4.fc16*
Size        : 958 k
*Repo        : updates*
Summary     : The IPA authentication server
URL         : http://www.freeipa.org/
License     : GPLv3+
Description : IPA is an integrated solution to provide centrally managed
Identity (machine,
            : user, virtual machines, groups, authentication credentials),
Policy
            : (configuration settings, access control information) and
Audit (events,
            : logs, analysis thereof). If you are installing an IPA server
you need
            : to install this package (in other words, most people should
NOT install
            : this package).

[root at freeipa02 yum.repos.d]# uname -a
Linux freeipa02.unix.domain.it 3.2.3-2.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Feb 3
20:08:08 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux