[Freeipa-users] Child Domains in IPA?

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Sun Feb 12 04:07:31 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 18:47 +0000, Dale Macartney wrote:

> Evening all
>
> Does IPA currently accommodate for child domains? As in the equivalent
> of Active Directory child domains?

No, within FreeIPA there is nothing resembling what AD calls forests.
We will soon add AD cross forest trust relationships and later cross
realm trusts between freeIPA domains, but we haven't planned on "child
domains".

I would be interested in understanding what you find them useful for,
what kind of interaction between parent-child you expect ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York