[Freeipa-users] Replacing the primary IPA server

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 20:43:19 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-02-13 at 21:37 +0100, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> On 02/13/2012 08:55 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:

> >> Dogtag
> > If you installed the CA on more than one replica, then you can remove
> > the first master, all the info is replicated on the other replicas that
> > have a clone of the CA. Note that the CA is not replicated by default
> > see the --setup-ca option or ipa-ca-install
>
> Excellent. Yes, I've used --setup-ca when I created the replicas. :)
>
> What if I have 3 IPA servers. 2 being replicated off the first master.
> The master is re-installed and re-setup using ipa-replica-install from
> one of the 2 other IPA servers.
>
> Will not the 3rd server be left without a sync agreement? Does the 3rd
> server need to be manually added back in with a sync agreement?

Before removing any server you should make sure it will not break the
topology.

You can use ipa-replica-manage and ipa-ca-replica-manage to create links
between the 2 other servers before you retire the hub.

You have to use both the commands as CA replication agreements are
distinct from IPA replication agreements.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York