[Freeipa-users] custom LDAP schemas

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Thu Feb 16 21:33:25 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 13:34 +0100, Vincent Zakofski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm very interested by migrating my openLDAP servers to freeIPA, the
> only problem is that I have some custom LDAP schemas in my present
> configuration.
> Is there a way to add some custom LDAP schemas to ipa-server?
> If it's possible, where can I find some documentation about adding
> those custom schemas.

You can read up about how to extended the Directory schema here:
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Extending_the_Directory_Schema.html

If you are planning on extending objects that are managed by FreeIPA as
opposed to just add new objects in a custom subtree, you may need to
change the way the UI manages these objects by telling it what mandatory
attributes you need to add.

We do not have a clearly documented procedure for this yet I think, but
it is not too difficult to do.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York