[Freeipa-users] Host Based Access Control and Solaris?

Craig T freeipa at noboost.org
Wed Jan 4 10:38:50 UTC 2012

Hi,

Server: RHEL6.2
Spec: ipa-server-2.1.3-9

1) After reading the IPA documentation, it seems that HBAC is only available to SSSD clients. This would suggest that I'm not going to be able to configure it for Solaris hosts?
"Using host-based access control requires SSSD to be installed and configured on the IPA client
machine."

2) Does this mean that I won't be able to control "who" can log onto our solaris servers? Perhaps I'll have to configure a custom /etc/hosts.deny entry?

cya

Craig