[Freeipa-users] PEM and DER certificate formats

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:45:07 UTC 2012

I noticed a message on here some time ago about changing IPA to output
certificates in PEM format instead of DER. I see that in version
2.1.4, the UI does indeed output in PEM format. It appears as though
the CLI still outputs in DER. Is this the case? I agree that PEM is
certainly more typical, however, when working with the Java keystore,
it asks for DER format. Should I still be able to get that from IPA or
should I just use openssl to convert it?

Steve