[Freeipa-users] PEM and DER certificate formats

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 22:07:54 UTC 2012

Yes, the Java keystore appears only to accept DER, but I agree, it's
the exception rather than the rule. And, yes, a simple command:

openssl x509 -in cert.pem -inform PEM -out cert.der -outform DER

does the trick--I just confirmed that it works. As I had seen quite a
bit of discussion regarding this on the list, I was more curious than
anything as to whether IPA would output directly in DER. I was also
coming more from the point of training people to perform this
function.

Steve