[Freeipa-users] migration plan from local accounts

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 22:50:14 UTC 2012

On 01/09/2012 04:59 PM, Sylvain Angers wrote:

> >Let me know if there is anything unclear about AIX clients in
> the documentation on freeipa.org <http://freeipa.org/>.
>
> May I ask why there is a krb5 server as a requirement on a client?
>
> Thanks

Server is not a requirement on the client. And kerberos client is
optional too.
It is not a requirement but rather recommended for the best security and
SSO purposes this is why we recommend and use by default configuration.
But you can configure client to use LDAP only for authentication and
identity lookups. It would work too.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal