[Freeipa-users] Forcing IPA clients to prioritise different IPA Servers

Charlie Derwent shelltoesuperstar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 13:18:56 UTC 2012

Thanks for the advice Stephen (and the quick response), obviously that
won't help with load balanced comms during the installation process but it
should keep it to a minimum afterwards.
Wouldn't a quick solution be the addition of a "--primary" flag to the
ipa-client-install script? It could behave in the same way as the --server
flag and be a substitute for it but it just forces all enrolment comms to
be kept to the named server and reorders the ipa_server entry in sssd.conf
from "ipa_server = __srv__, x.x.x.x" to "ipa_server = x.x.x.x, __srv__"
Would that be enough?
Regards
Charlie