[Freeipa-users] Aix client configuration

Sylvain Angers sylvainangers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:00:54 UTC 2012

Hello
In our lab, we are testing latest ipa  on redhat  and we are now
configuring/testing  an IBM/AIX client 6.1

Here is the ipa server command that we used
*ipa-server-install -a ipa123 --hostname=mtl-ipa01d.cnppd.lab -n cnppd.lab
-p ldap123 -r CNPPD.LAB *

We are following your documentation for AIX client and have some issue
getting through the step

we had to install  these fileset and we still fight modcrypt

lslpp -L | grep idsldap
 idsldap.clt32bit61.rte    6.1.0.34    C     F    Directory Server - 32 bit
 idsldap.clt64bit61.rte    6.1.0.34    C     F    Directory Server - 64 bit
 idsldap.cltbase61.adt     6.1.0.34    C     F    Directory Server - Base
Client
 idsldap.cltbase61.rte     6.1.0.34    C     F    Directory Server - Base
Client

lslpp -L | grep krb
 krb5.client.rte            1.5.0.2    C     F    Network Authentication
Service
 krb5.client.samples        1.5.0.2    C     F    Network Authentication
Service
 krb5.doc.en_US.html        1.5.0.2    C     F    Network Auth Service HTML
 krb5.doc.en_US.pdf         1.5.0.2    C     F    Network Auth Service PDF
 krb5.lic                   1.5.0.2    C     F    Network Authentication
Service
 krb5.msg.en_US.client.rte  1.5.0.2    C     F    Network Auth Service
Client
 krb5.server.rte            1.5.0.2    C     F    Network Authentication
Service

ww did run the  mksecldap command, as follow

*mksecldap -c -h mtl-ipa01d.cnppd.lab -d cn=accounts,dc=cnppd,dc=lab -a
uid=nss,cn=sysaccounts,cn=etc,dc=cnppd,dc=lab -p abc123*

and we got : Invalid bind DN or bind passwd.  Client presetup check failed.

Do we need to customize further this command if so, what are we missing?

also as we have not yet succeed to make modcrypt works on our AIX 6.1, we
wonder if  we will need (temporary) to do some ldapmodify on the ipa server
to disable ssl?

Thank you for your assistance!

 appreciate

--