[Freeipa-users] ipa migrate-ds failing when more than 1 namingcontext is available

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jan 27 14:55:59 UTC 2012

Sigbjorn Lie wrote:

> On Fri, January 27, 2012 15:37, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Stephen Gallagher wrote:

>> Not currently. I noticed this earlier in the week and opened a ticket on
>> it, https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2314
>>

>>> Just to add to this request, if the original LDAP server has a
>>> defaultNamingContext attribute, it should be honored for auto-detecting which base to migrate.
>>
>> I'll update the 2314 to ensure we don't forget about this. 389-ds just
>> added support for defaultNamingContext.
>>

> Ok, thank you.
>
> Anything I can do to work around this issue today? I suppose there is just a file that need to be
> hacked to set a set a value instead of the auto-detected value... ?

/usr/lib/python*/site-packages/ipalib/plugins/migration.py

~line 620 you'll see a block starting with the comment "retrieve DS base
DN".

Comment out the next 8 lines by prefixing them with # (these query to
get the namingContext then pull the first value out).

Add:

ds_base_dn = 'dc=yourbasedn,dc=com'

Alternatively you could always just add the above line to override what
is detected. Commenting out just saves an LDAP lookup.

Restart Apache.

rob