[Freeipa-users] RHEL 5.7 / 5.8 BETA and KDE crashing SSSD

Sigbjorn Lie sigbjorn at nixtra.com
Mon Jan 30 17:14:32 UTC 2012

Excellent, thank you. I will get this done tomorrow.

Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 18:00 +0100, Sigbjorn Lie wrote:
> Sure. Ive left the office for today, will do so tomorrow.
>
> Im not very familiar with gdb. Any particular syntax / switches to
> add?
>
> Rgds,
> Siggi.

You'll want to do this in a non-graphical terminal, so you can switch to
it if KDE gets into trouble.

First, install the sssd-debuginfo packages (debuginfo-install sssd)
and install gdb (yum install gdb)

Then run:
gdb -p ($pidof sssd_be)

Then in the gdb prompt, type 'cont' (this will resume execution of
sssd_be).

Now, switch back to KDE and unlock the screen. Then switch back to this
virtual terminal.

You should be back at the prompt, with GDB telling you that you received
a SIGSEGV or SIGABRT.

Type "bt full" and reply with all pages of output from that (there may
be multiple, requiring you to hit enter to see them).