[Freeipa-users] nfs4 acl

ondrejv at s3group.com ondrejv at s3group.com
Sun Jul 1 20:39:24 UTC 2012

In fact, Netapp is (sadly to say) the only NFSv4 server in the whole world
that can provide you with a true NFSv4 ACLs (remember to turn them on
using options nfs.v4.acl = on).
The nasty hack Rob mentioned will only provide you with POSIX Acls mapped
to the NFSv4 acls - which will consequently cripple down the whole ACLs
the NFS server is providing.

So if you want a nice, fully fledged NFSv4 ACLs, go to Netapp or Solaris
based NFSv4 server. Forget about Linux.

Ondrej