[Freeipa-users] sudo hostgroup sanity check, please?

JR Aquino JR.Aquino at citrix.com
Tue Jul 10 22:45:38 UTC 2012

On Jul 10, 2012, at 12:28 PM, KodaK wrote:

> Further information:
>
> I do have:
>
> ldap_netgroup_search_base = cn=ng,cn=compat,dc=validdomain,dc=com

Go ahead and remove this line.  Previous legacy versions of sssd required it.  I believe it just gets in the way now.

You also want to run: $ domainanme

Make sure it comes back with your domain, if not, please set your domainname.  (/etc/rc.local is currently the place recommended to set this value)

Netgroups will come back as a tuple like: (testhost.domain.com, -, domain.com)

Sudo will do the netgroup look up and wants to see that the hostname matches the hostname of the server, and that the domain also matches.

You can double-check this by doing: getent netgroup <hostgroup-name>

It should return a tuple like the one above.

If you are still having difficulty, you can add sudoers_debug 2 in your /etc/sudo-ldap.conf file then re-run your sudo command.  IT should show the various tests it performs and the output of the FreeIPA server.  It wants to match, user, host, and command.