[Freeipa-users] 2.20 dirsrv memory usage

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 22:55:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Dmitri Pal <dpal at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 07/12/2012 06:19 PM, Stephen Ingram wrote:

>>> Yes, I saw your conversation with Rich on this list about that. And,
>>> yes, 6.2 (2.1.3) was bad for me too. I'm not sure why 2.2.0 is still
>>> having issues. It was an upgrade from 2.1.3, but the upgrade seemed to
>>> complete without issue. I'm also not even doing replication yet so I'm
>>> not sure why memory is so high. Web interface is much slower too so
>>> perhaps something else is wrong.
>> Oops, I meant Rob, not Rich.
>
> Do you use any things exposed via compat tree?
> Do you have a lot of modifications that affect the data that is exposed
> via this tree?
> I suspect that the leak is somewhere there.
>
> Try turning off the things that you do not use if there are any.

I only query cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com and
cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com containers for mail info and
use for Kerberos auth. There are only very infrequent mods to those
trees previously mentioned via the Web UI. Almost all activity is
reads, but lots of them for the mail servers (validating users, etc.).
I plan to use replication and DNS, but not using now. From this, I
don't think I'm using the compat tree. Would turning it off help
anyway?

Steve