[Freeipa-users] IPA Error 4205 attribute "idnsAllowTransfer" not allowed

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 12:57:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-30 at 12:11 +0200, Robert Bowell wrote:
> Hi Simo,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Yes the IPA server has been updated from 2.1 to 2.2. Prior to the
> update, DNS zones could be created  without any issues.
>
> I have also noticed that the command  'ipa ping' is displaying the
> incorrect IPA server version (IPA server version 2.1.90.rc1. API
> version 2.34) when infact the IPA server version 2.2.x should be
> displayed.

This is odd, have you restarted httpd since the update ?

The symptom below seem to suggest somethinhg went wrong in updating the
DNS schema where we added a few attributes to allow zone transfers.

Can you check the ipaserver-upgrade.log file and see if there are any
errors in there ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York