[Freeipa-users] IPA Error 4205 attribute "idnsAllowTransfer" not allowed

John Blaut john.blaut at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 16:09:24 UTC 2012

Hi Martin

Thanks a lot for you reply.

We applied the LDIF patch and now we managed to add new zones. Many thanks!!

Yes, you understood well that the DNS zones already had these attributes
defined.
However using the ldapsearch query from the ticket, these attributes did
not show up in the current schema (which is why we then proceeded with the
patch which fixed the problem).
It is strange how the attributes managed to make their way in the existing
DNS zones when they were not supported in the schema.
If it helps, after applying the patch what we also noticed is that in UI,
the allow query and transfer options now show up as editable form elements.
Before they were not editable but just printed values.

Thanks again.

Regards

John