[Freeipa-users] Provision user accounts & groups from external IM

Willem Bos whbos at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 5 10:38:20 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, the server on which the external IM environment is hosted does not
have the ipa utils available. As a matter of fact, the server might even be
hosted off-site. We're just beginning to explore IM solutions for our
environment and the most likely architecture is a 'meta-IM' service that
provisions platform specific IM's like AD, Oracle's Internet Directory and
IPA. It will probably be a requirement that the meta-IM is to provision IPA
directly (instead of Meta-IM -> AD -> IPA).

The JASON interface looks promising, I will certainly try the example
provided. Would user_add be the suitable command to use? It's the obvious
candidate, but I just want to make sure...

Thanks again.

Regards,
Willem.