[Freeipa-users] mail entries not populated for users

Dale Macartney dale at themacartneyclan.com
Tue Jun 5 13:14:44 UTC 2012

ticket https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2810

> rob

Thanks for pointing out it wasn't me doing something silly ;-)

On thinking deeper onto the issue, perhaps it is beneficial not to have
it done by default? e.g if I have a mail server accepting mail for ldap
lookups for mail entries, this would mean EVERYONE has a mailbox whereas
that might not be beneficial in many situations..

In the AD side of things, a user has to be mail enabled, in order to
become valid for mail purposes.

In this situation, I can manually add the mail address with "ipa
user-mod --email=testuser at example.com" which does what I was needing.

Theres a few reasons for and against having default email access for new
users...

I'm just bouncing some ideas out loud at the moment. Thoughts?

Dale