[Freeipa-users] Provision user accounts & groups from external IM

Willem Bos whbos at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 6 12:34:12 UTC 2012

Hi Alexander,

I did some experimenting with the example at
http://adam.younglogic.com/2010/07/talking-to-freeipa-json-web-api-via-curl/and
am now able to create a user using the following as input to curl (-d
@user_add.json) :

{
  "method":"user_add",
  "params":[
    [],
    {
      "uid":"test",
      "givenname":"test",
      "sn":"test",
      "userpassword":"test"
    }
  ]
}

I'm left with two questions :
- Is it possible to use a hashed password (as stored in the 'meta-IM') as a
value for userpassword? And if so, will this propagate to the created
Kerberos principal?
- After creation, I'm forced to change the password when running `kinit
test`. Is it possible to reset prevent the forced password change? As a
test, I tried to set the '-needchange' attribute using kadmin but that
returned "... Insufficient access while modifying..."

I grepped the mailing list archives / API.txt / source code / etc. for
clues but without success...

Regards,
Willem.