[Freeipa-users] Administration question: root user

Joe Linoff jlinoff at tabula.com
Wed Jun 6 13:59:30 UTC 2012

Hi Folks:

I am a newbie so I apologize in advance if this is a silly set of
questions. I am using FreeIPA 2.1.3 on CentOS 6.2 and am very happy with
it but I have a couple of questions about root access. When I setup my
systems, I configured root manually on each of them.

Does it make sense to define the root user in FreeIPA?

Is it desirable from a security and administration perspective?

If it does make sense, is it as simple as adding the "root" user in "ipa
user-add"?

Thank you,

Joe