[Freeipa-users] DNS logs - named.run

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Jun 7 15:27:07 UTC 2012

On 06/01/2012 08:17 PM, Jimmy wrote:
> Our DNS topology is a very simple, out of the box, FreeIPA config. Our systems
> are configured to run independently at completely disparate locations, so
> there is very little to the topology besides forward and reverse zones for the
> networks served at each site. There are no slaves, and this is the only zone
> that has this issue. This is logged in the file /var/named/data/named.run .
> DNS has not been modified directly through ldap, only through IPA interfaces.
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy
>
> Currently I could completely rebuild the system and push out the new config to
> the sites, but if there is some way to fix this on a running server or get
> more debug info to the maillist to possibly find the fix I would greatly
> prefer that.

I found the bug in bind-dyndb-ldap. This error message is logged only for
zones without idnsUpdatePolicy attribute, right?

There is a ticket for that problem.
https://fedorahosted.org/bind-dyndb-ldap/ticket/79

Workaround:
Define idnsUpdatePolicy attribute (e.g. "grant E.EXAMPLE krb5-self * A;") and
set idnsAllowDynUpdate to FALSE. Dynamic updates will remain disabled and
error message will not be logged.

Thanks for reporting the bug.

Petr^2 Spacek