[Freeipa-users] ipa installation problem

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 14:43:42 UTC 2012

george he wrote:
> Hello Rob,
> Can it be that the httpd service is not running properly?
> On all servers, I can only run wget on the server itself successfully...
> At least on fc15, the client was able to contact the server, but the
> connection was refused.
> maybe the configuration part of httpd?
> On other machines in the same lab, I have set up two web servers in the
> "usual" way and they both run with no problem.

I don't know what to tell you. This problem is independent of IPA. It
means that the client doesn't know how to get to the server (no route to
host)

Connection refused would suggest that the server isn't accepting
connections. You could use netstat to confirm that it is listening on
ports 80 and 443, I think you'll find it is.

IPA doesn't do anything particularly clever with the web server, just
configures it to use mod_nss as an SSL listener. Since wget is using
port 80 you aren't even using any changes made by IPA. And no route to
host suggests it isn't even getting that far.

You might try shutting down iptables on the server and client and try that.

rob