[Freeipa-users] IPA client ldapsearch

Joe Linoff jlinoff at tabula.com
Wed Jun 20 18:17:46 UTC 2012

Hi:

This is a best practices question. I am really impressed with FreeIPA
and I want to make sure that I follow the recommended usage paradigms.

What is the best way to do a ldapsearch operation on a FreeIPA client?

One approach would be to install LDAP utilities on the client and run
ldapsearch.

Another approach might be to install the ipa-admintools package on the
client.

Since all I want to do is a simple query (like "ipa user-find" on the
ipa-server), I wasn't sure whether the ipa-admintools made sense.

Thanks,

Joe