[Freeipa-users] replica installation clean up

george he george_he7 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 02:28:28 UTC 2012

Hello,

I used --force to delete myreplica from mymaster. And then runipa-replica-install on the myreplica again.
This time everything seems ok until it comes to the end:

Applying LDAP updates
Restarting the directory server
Restarting the KDC
Restarting the web server
creation of replica failed: Command '/bin/systemctl restart ipa.service' returned non-zero exit status 1

Your system may be partly configured.
Run /usr/sbin/ipa-server-install --uninstall to clean up.

And this is the error message at the end of /var/log/ipareplica-install.log:

2012-06-22T02:02:01Z DEBUG stderr=Job failed. See system journal and 'systemctl status' for details.

2012-06-22T02:02:01Z DEBUG Command '/bin/systemctl restart ipa.service' returned non-zero exit status 1
  File "/sbin/ipa-replica-install", line 494, in <module>
    main()

  File "/sbin/ipa-replica-install", line 488, in main
    ipaservices.knownservices.ipa.enable()

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/platform/fedora16.py", line 101, in enable
    self.restart(instance_name)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/platform/systemd.py", line 85, in restart
    ipautil.run(["/bin/systemctl", "restart", self.service_instance(instance_name)], capture_output=capture_output)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipapython/ipautil.py", line 304, in run
    raise CalledProcessError(p.returncode, args)

Should I run ipa-server-install --uninstall on myreplica now?

Thanks,
George