[Freeipa-users] Transfer user database to FreeIPA LDAP

Joe Linoff jlinoff at tabula.com
Sun Jun 24 21:42:44 UTC 2012

Hi Mark:

Thank you, that is really helpful.

Regards,

Joe

From: Mark Reynolds [mailto:mareynol at redhat.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:49 PM
To: Joe Linoff
Cc: freeipa-users at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Transfer user database to FreeIPA LDAP

Hi Joe,

I'm not really an IPA guy, but IPA uses 389 directory server as its
backend.  You would need to convert the your DB entries to LDAP entries,
but 389 supports your password type, so it should not be a problem if
you copy & paste the password hashes.  LDAP expects the password to be
something like:

 userpassword: {SSHA}cchzM+LrPCvbZdthOC8e62d4h7a4CfoNvl6d/w==

Mark