[Freeipa-users] freeipa and gdm

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 18:39:44 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 10:41 -0700, george he wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>

> I already have a home directory which was created the first time I ssh
> in.
> Now when I click on "sign in", nothing happens...

I've encountered this recently as well, apparently GDM uses some service
that misbehaves when nsswitch.conf is changed.
It used to be simple to fix that by forcing a restart of GDM (I used to
ctrl+alt+backspace once after install of sssd/ipa), but on my recent F17
it didn't work.
I suspect soem stuff has been moved to a helper that is not restarted
when gdm restart.
A reboot fixed it for me.

Simo.

--