[Freeipa-users] pam_systemd(sshd:session): Failed to create session

george he george_he7 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 13:42:41 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I'm running out of time to figure out what was wrong with my replica set up, so I just went ahead and installed ipa-client on that machine.
It seems the client was installed all right, except when I ssh to the new client from another client, I get this:

Could not chdir to home directory /home/ghe: No such file or directory

and then I was left at /. I don't remember what I did differently on the other client machines that would create /home/ghe for me the first time I log on.

Here is the error message from /var/log/secure on the new client.

pam_systemd(sshd:session): Failed to create session: No such file or directory

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks,
George