[Freeipa-users] How can I change my password from a python script?

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 15:06:47 UTC 2012

Joe Linoff wrote:
> Hi Petr:
>
> I implemented what you suggested and everything worked pretty well but I
> ran into three issues that you might be able to help me with.
>
> ISSUE #1
> The first issue (and the most important) is that the password is only
> temporary. I am prompted to reset it the first time that I login. My
> goal is to setup a working system quickly to test different
> configurations in a batch fashion but having to reset the password for
> each user makes that challenging. How can I disable the reset
> requirement for my test environment?

This is so only the end-user knows the password.

You can add the DN of the user you are changing passwords with to a list
of users who are exempt from password policy.

Think carefully about what user you add to this list, you may not want
to use the admin user.

Add the DN to the passSyncManagersDNs attribute in the entry
cn=ipa_pwd_extop,cn=plugins,cn=config

rob